Resources & Education
Survival and quality-of-life have significantly improved for patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) in recent years. HCT may be the best or only option for many patients with blood cancers and genetic disorders. Working with Payers and Transplant Centers, we have developed several educational resources to help you understand HCT and what to include as you design your benefits.
Learn about Coding and Billing Resources for working with HCT payers.
- On-demand CME activities: Addressing Clinical Challenges in AML (Webinars): Panelists use case studies to provide the latest research on key areas affecting clinical decision-making for patients with AML.
- On-demand CME: Improving Sickle Cell Disease Outcomes (Webinar): Sickle cell disease (SCD) experts explore treatment decision-making, curative therapies and strategies for overcoming barriers to patient care. A young adult share show she chose transplant as a cure for her SCD.
- Stem Cell Transplant and What You Need to Know (Recording) - held April 2015 by the Case Managers Society of America. This National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match sponsored webinar, presented Dr. Dennis Confer, NMDP/Be The Match Chief Medical Officer, discusses HCT history and advancements.
- Healthcare Reform and Transplantation (PDF)—presented at the 2014 BMT Tandem Meetings, Michael Boo, Chief Strategy Officer, National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Stem Cell Transplantation (Full article available)
- Standardization of Terminology for Episodes of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Patient Transplant Care (PDF) - view recently published definitions for cell products, cell infusions, and transplantation episodes
- Access more clinical education programs and resources to stay up-to-date on the latest BMT advances in the Clinical section of BeTheMatchClinical.org
Contact us to learn more about our payer resources.