Advisory Group on Barriers to Transplant
We formed the Advisory Group on Barriers to Transplant (AGBT) in 2012 to address financial barriers to transplant, particularly those due to health insurance coverage or benefit issues.
The AGBT meets regularly to discuss relevant topics and develops important resources for use in the HCT community. The AGBT includes representatives from health plans, transplant networks, transplant center administrators, and HCT physicians.
Access materials from the 2015 annual conference:
- Meeting Orientation (PDF)
- Linking Registries, EHRs and Comprehensive Care Programs to Drive Quality in Cancer Care (PDF)
- A Perspective on Transparency (PDF)
- Overview of ASH Quality Improvement Activities (PDF)
- Facilitating Care Improvement Practices via Accreditation (PDF)
- Center Outcomes Reporting in HCT - Progression Recommendations from the Center Outcome Forum 2014 (PDF)
- History and Status of Quality Measurement in HCT (PDF)
- HCT and the Costs of Care - Improving the Value of HCT - A System Perspective (PDF)
- The Medical Neighborhood - Value of the Home - Neighbor Relationship (PDF)
- Creating High-Value Health Care in HCT - Moving Forward Together (PDF)
Resources Developed by the AGBT
In addition, the AGBT has developed these resources for the transplant and health care payer community:
- Care Coordination Toolkit (2018)
- Standardization of Terminology for Episodes of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Patient Transplant Care(PDF)
- Recommended HCT Health Insurance
Recommendations for designing an effective health insurance benefit set for hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT)
- Standardized Transplant
Authorization Form (PDF)
Centers can use this form when submitting an authorization if the payer doesn’t require the use of their own form.